We’re looking for dedicated, detail-oriented, and web-savvy individuals to join our Marketing team. Must be proficient in Adobe Suite, and passionate about music. Writing and photography proficiency a plus. Internships may be applied towards college credit.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assisting and reporting directly to the Graphic Designer in completing various tasks related to Graphic Design (print and web) and marketing for the live entertainment industry. This is an on-site, unpaid internship for a currently attending or recent graduate from a graphic design/communication program or similar.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) required
- A solid understanding of visual hierarchy and other principles of design
- Passionate about live music is a must
- Knowledgeable about local, national, and international artists—strong understanding of music genres and cultures
Idealcandidate must be organized, detail-oriented, and timely
- Video experience a plus (After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc.)
- Photography experience a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and major social media platforms
- HTML experience a plus
- Writing experience a plus
General tasks and projects:
- Creating and laying out promotional artwork for print and digital use on upcoming events at First Avenue using preapproved marketing materials. Adhering to standard style guides consistent with First Avenue branding and identity, as well as artist management agencies.
- Example design projects include: creation of show posters, Instagram videos, and various online ads per platform/management needs
- Assist in proofreading newsletters, website, and physical promo
- Manage the upkeep of poster, flyer, and calendar displays throughout the club
- Lead organization of physical promo storage
- Conduct short interviews with upcoming artists
- Research artists and upcoming shows for content to be posted on social media including press clips, artist social media postings, music videos, song releases, etc.
- Craft language for social media postings to be published across various social media accounts
- General archival needs
- Filing and assisting with daily administrative duties as needed
- Interns are expected to commit 6–10 hours/week. Please note that these hours must fall within regular office hours (11 a.m.–7 p.m. weekdays); flexible
- Send resume with samples of work or a link to a digital portfolio